Friday, August 8, 2008

Out With the Old....

For any of you who have been to our house you easily recognize the lovely carpet in the first picture. Obviously, this picture isn't real recent, only six grandkids are present. That baby Emily is holding is Cooper, who will be three in a month - but this is Flashback Friday, isn't it? Well this old picture is just to show the contrast to the next one........
TaDa!!! I just love my new carpet - we've only been in this house nineteen years and finally I get new carpet - I guess that just makes me appreciate it. It even smells like a new house :) I still haven't let anyone eat or drink in the living room, I'm not sure this carpet has even had shoes touch it's surface. I say "Kick 'em off at the door!"
I posted this picture to try to also show my new laminate floor in the dining room but you really can't see it - just take it from me - it looks nice. Greg did an awesome job installing it.
Of course, the previous picture is really an excuse to show this picture. You creative girls out there could do this. Katie gave it to me for Christmas this year. She turned each grandkid's footprint into an angel.
Isn't this the cutest - but if you can imagine - she gave some of the angels crooked halos! I love it, but by next winter she will have to update it!

7 comments:

The Garvie Family said...

Awwww....the smell of new carpet. Isn't it great?!?! Your house looks wonderful and I love the angel picture. Katie is so creative. I can't even imagine trying to do that with our crew. C.J. would have paint all over the place!!!

Hilary said...

The carpet looks GREAT! You deserve it after nineteen years! Can't wait to see (and smell) it in person.

Leslie said...

Love the new carpet! And the foot angels are so cute, love the idea!

Unknown said...

The carpet looks wonderful!!

Jillian said...

Well, the new carpet definitely looks great! I love the angel picture Katie made...how creative! I might have to try that sometime if I can get my guys to cooperate with me. I know the Grandmas would all love it!

jarcarhar said...

Okay...I am SO doing the angel feet for mom...only with one pair! We are laying new floors this weekend. Praying ours looks as great as yours does!

Billie said...

WOW! the new carpet looks great! I love the angels pic that Katie made! that is such a cute idea, she is so talented like her mother!!!

By the way, Blayre has to look at your page all the time and she tries to say the names of all the cute kids on your header, she loves it. But she gets stuck on either Sam or Coop as names for all the boys, I think it is funny cause I always tell her his name is Cooper, but she just calls him Coop.