Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I must admit, I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that is it already 2009! I remember when I thought we'd probably be traveling in hoover crafts and having robot servants when this amount of time has passed (okay, I was probably about 10 but I do remember thinking that!) I also make new years resolutions, probably because I feel absolutely no guilt when I do break one and it is inevitable, I will.... but this year, I resolve to do better on my blog. Katie had my 2007 blog year printed into a book (2008 wasn't over yet) as a Christmas present. It is so cool, what a great record of the year. We weren't doing much this New Years Day, so we invited the Cheap family to share it with us. So while Max and Ben played "fitness" on the Wii, we ate and watched "Half Ton Man" on TV .....


Max goes into Wii withdrawal when he goes very long not playing it, even though he has a Nintendo DS , Playstation III, not to mention the computer, at home.

Being the patient big brother, Max always give Ben a control and allows him to "think" he is participating in game play. I don't know how patient he will actually be when Ben figures out the scam and really wants to play the games.
Here is Sam's New Years celebration - watching "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" in our bedroom. But I do have to clarify something, yes, Sam does like his television, but he does have a good excuse for laying around. Sam had his tonsils out yesterday....

Before the big procedure, Sam was all smiles and ready to model his loony toon gown, which he was concerned was a girly gown, then he was more concerned that is was on backwards - I think he felt the draft ):
He was a little sadder after he got back to the room, but he was a champ and immediately ate a Popsicle so he could get that annoying IV removed and go home. I'm happy so say he is recovering nicely and it a little better at following doctors orders (such as taking is easy) than Max was. I hope everyone has a great 2009!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh the irony. Playing 'fitness' WII and watching 'half ton man! Poor Sam will feel much better!

The Garvie Family said...

Glad to see you guys are starting Ben out early on the Wii. He looks so cute playing with his big brother. I hope Sam gets to feeling better soon!!