Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Rainy days and Thursdays?

Okay, so it is not Thursday, but I did take these pictures last week, on Thursday, so I thought I would post them. I remember loving to play in the rain when I was a kid and my grandkids are no different. So when there is a nice rain, with no thunder or lightning, they whip outside with the umbrellas. Now, I usually don't "whip" with them, preferring to watch the fun from the dry house, but now I have a 16 month old around that isn't satisfied with that, nor can he go outside by himself. So what was I to do but grab the camera and join the fun...
Ever hear of an umbrella house? I think it could catch on in the rain forest! The floor does leave a little to be desired, though.
This little moment was caught right before Max led the little daredevils running to the neighbors to "parachute" off their six foot retaining wall. Didn't quite capture this moment, too busy yelling at them to stop and get home :D I should be glad it was just the retaining wall, I think his original plan was our roof, but my presence kind of put the squelch on that great idea. He and Emily are positive they could float with umbrellas and I could not convince them otherwise - the swear they floated off that retaining wall.
Now Ben, he just wanted a stick to dig in the mud... I actually had to pry it from his grubby little hand before he laid down for his nap. I hope everyone has a great rest of the week!

7 comments:

Kara said...

I am so not showing this to Caden...he doesn't need any ideas! They are pretty cute though:)

Samantha said...

max is going to keep you busy for sure...and the prying the stick from ben's hands happens here, too---with things that aren't toys, like sticks! why they want to hold on to things like that is beyond me!
my kids would say you were a good mimi for letting them play in the rain!

Leslie said...

Your grandkids are so lucky, getting to spend so much time together. You need to teach them to take photos of you, so we can see you playing in the rain too!

The Combs Clan said...

Becky! Let me give you a little hint....Never EVER jump off that retaining wall. We tried that once when we were little, except we used the shell off the turtle sandbox. I was not pretty. My cousin Justin went first and ended up with a broken arm. Needless to say we all just climbed back down. I didn't look like too much fun after we saw Justin in a crumpled mess at the bottom of the wall. Kids! They do the darndest things! ;)

Annie said...

Looks like a lot of fun!! I didn't see too much rain though!!

Anonymous said...

I remember Mandy and I jumping off my roof onto the lawn next door to my house. Sally was watching and we told her not to tell my Dad. As soon as he got home, she ran right over to tell him. Lesson learned!

jarcarhar said...

SO funny! Hey, just know that we would LOVE to go to a Sooner game, instead...we just don't have the tickets! And, I think my mom might disown me!