Saturday, March 28, 2009

Winter Wonderland.....

except it is Spring!!!! I know this is one of what will be many posts of our recent blizzard, but thought I would let everyone know what it looks like at our house. This is a great snow, I wish there were more children around to enjoy it, because they would have a blast, not to mention snow ice cream. When I was a kid, I couldn't stand to see a yard with smooth snow, I just had to go stomp around and stir it up. I am kind of getting that feeling looking at my front yard. Obviously, not enough to bundle up and get busy, but if my grandkids were here I would so be out there with them. I am feeling the urge to make a snow bunny, but I doubt Greg would appreciate my efforts.:)

We've been working on filling in our pool, but dirt instead of snow, but it looks full now.
My patio furniture is completely buried.
This is out my back door on the porch that is completely covered and they is still over a foot of snow on it.
I took a couple of pictures out the front door....
and the droplets you see are on the door, I couldn't open it because it was blocked by the snow.
The view or our backyard - yes, snow on our beautiful budded out trees. Stay warm!

4 comments:

jarcarhar said...

Crazy! Mom and Dad cannot believe it! I think this is the first really big snow since they've been there. SO beautiful! Tell my mom to make and freeze some snow ice cream for me!

Mandy said...

I tried that disturbe the snow thing. I even tried to walk through the front yard to take a picture of the snow covered trampoline. I couldn't make it. That is a lot of work to walk through snow up to your thigh!

Jillian said...

Wow!! That's alot of snow! We haven't got any snow at all yet, still just rain. I'm hoping we get some snow though! The boys and I are really wanting to make a snowman!

Unknown said...

The last picture was a lovely juxtaposition of the efforts of spring being hindered by the last blast of winter.....hahah!