Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Weekend - Part 1...

We had a great Easter weekend, with a lot of happenings crammed into three days, so I decided to stretch it and get several posts out of my pictures (also am trying to avoid picture overload). It just so happens that my wonderful parents are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary this month so we decided to celebrate several things this weekend. Friday was a beautiful day and the kids took full advantage. Annie's family, Katie's family, the folks, and my brother's family arrived on Friday and it was great to have everyone together. We broke out the bubbles Friday evening and the kids blew until they were light headed. Then nothing would do but that Pa hook up the wagon to the riding lawn mower and give rides around the neighborhood.

I am all for bubbles, they are an economical way to have a lot of fun...
provided they are kept outside, of course.
The wagon won't hold all the passengers, so they have to pile on where ever there is a spare seat.

Uncle Josh had to spell pa as the "engineer" of the adventure. It doesn't hurt that Ben always wants his Uncle Josh to take care of him.
Cooper was pretty wary of the wagon rides, but decided it would be great only if his mom would ride with him. Pretty impressive - Annie looks good in the wagon, doesn't she?

The kids also decorated some Easter cookies. I am quite confident that our cookies were so unique that they were in a class of their own. Ella is quite proud of her creation, notice how creatively she added to colors of icing at once?
I am trying to encourage my grandchildren to get in touch with their creative side, but licking the icing as you put it on the cookie was not my idea. Sam is killing two birds with one stone, eating and working in one...
Ben wasn't nearly as interested in decorating as he was in enjoying the fruits of everyone else's labors. Actually, he was too busy eating to even smile - I think he takes after his Mimi...

1 comment:

Annie said...

Great pics, I really like how Sam eats while he decorates his cookies. What a great idea!