Friday, August 7, 2009

Birthday in August!

Man, it seems like I have been away from the blogging world for a long time! Between no Internet, a lot of company (which I loved), and watching "Big Brother" :) it seems I have not been on the computer much at all. I have decided to remedy that and I will start with a "Max" post. Max will turn 7 in September. He has always wanted to have a swimming party. Hey, it's still hot in September, right? Unfortunately, the local swimming pools won't stay open just to accommodate Max, so he talked his mom and dad into letting him celebrate a month (actually more than a month) early at Boiling Springs Swimming pool. The weather was hot and the water was refreshing, just perfect for a birthday party.


Max is genetically wired against taking a nice smiling picture. I tried, oh how I tried. This is just one of the many failed attempts at a pleasant picture.
Time to blow out candles. From looking at this picture, you'd think he was camera shy...


The wind actually gave some assistance in the blowing out of the candles.

Apparently, icing is not just for cakes anymore.

Ben would like to demonstrate to his big brother Max the proper use of a napkin in table etiquette. After dessert, we all went swimming and had a great time. I have some swimming pictures to post later, luckily, I was taking the pictures so you won't be forced to see me in a swimming suit...

No comments: